Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
What do I need to rent a storage unit?
To rent your unit, you’ll need to bring:
- Two forms of ID, one with a picture (typically a driver’s license or other photo ID) and a credit card.
- Your first month’s payment, along with a security deposit, the amount of which is based on your credit history.
- A lock to secure your room. (If you don’t have one, you can buy one from us at the facility).
How does the rental process work?
There are three easy steps to claiming your Cookes Storage space:
- Make a reservation. You can do this online or, if you prefer, by calling 012 250 5055.
- Schedule your move. If you want to book our collection service, you can arrange that when you make your reservation.
- Move in! Complete your paperwork at the front desk, move your stuff in and lock it up.
Do I need a reservation?
It’s highly recommended, but you can swing by unannounced and start storing without a reservation. However, we cannot guarantee you first choice room will be available in that case. Reservations also speed up the move-in process, so we strongly suggest calling ahead or reserving online.
How do I move out?
Though we hate to see anyone go, we make the move-out process as simple as possible. Just let us know you’re leaving and empty your room, and we’ll close out your account that day. As a courtesy, we ask that you give us at least 14 days notice before your intended move-out date.
How do I access my storage unit?
You can swing by our self storage facility anytime during our opening hours and use your PIN to access the building.
Are my stored items insured?
All of our self storage units come with a certain level of insurance cover included in the price. For more information please give us a call on 0121 250 5055.
What size are your units?
We’ve got a range of different self storage units. Our smallest unit is a 16ft² locker (perfect for a few boxes) and our largest unit is 300ft² (suitable for the contents of a huge house).
Do you provide locks or keep a copy?
All of our self storage units come with a free padlock. We do not keep a copy of your key, which means that you’re the only person who can access your self storage unit.
What is the minimum storage period?
All of our rentals are month-to-month. However, you can store for as little as 2 weeks.
Can I buy boxes and packing supplies, even if I don't rent storage from you?
Sure! Anyone can buy our high-quality boxes and supplies at all our facility. We’ll even buy back any unused boxes, so go ahead and stock up.